1. Why did you choose to commit to this college? I committed to Marquette because of the great visit I had. The coaches were very inviting and enthusiastic along with the players outside of lacrosse, who showed clear love for the school and enjoyment for the life of college outside of lacrosse. Also, Marquette offers a state of the art engineering program, which is a career that I am interested in pursuing.
2. After going through the recruiting process, what are some helpful tips you would give others who are about to go through this process? Be patient and never doubt yourself. Set your goal and work at it.
3. What do you like best about 3d Lacrosse? I believe the level of training is unmatched. Also, 3d allows kids from all different places to play together on a team unlike other club teams which often have kids from similar high schools or towns.
4. What was your favorite part of 3d training? West Jenny
5. What is your favorite subject in school? Math
6. Name one thing that you could not live without. My cell phone
7. If you had to choose one super power to have, what would it be and why? The ability to fly so I could travel the world.
8. What are some of your pregame rituals and/or game day superstitions? I wrinkle my socks.
9. What is your favorite vacation spot? Jamaica
10. What is your favorite food? Steak tips
11. Who is your favorite athlete? Patrick Kane
12. Who is your favorite musician? Drake
13. What is the last book you read? The Great Gatsby
14. What is your favorite quote? “Winning means you’re willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else” –Vince Lombardi
15. Who has been your biggest influence? My parents and AJ Mulvey
The Gorilla's will be a competitive yet fun environment. Players will enjoy playing games and tournaments, but they will also have access to some of the best training and developmental programs ever created.
We'll be fielding competitive teams for each of the following High school graduation levels - 2024, 2023, 2022, 2021, and 2020 (Rising 4th - 8th graders). As needed, we will add teams to continue coaching Gorilla players as they advance through High School.
Gorilla teams will train through the fall, winter and summer seasons. Typically there is one practice per week in the fall and winter seasons. We try to schedule those practices at a convenient weekend time so that it does not conflict with other sports. We encourage all players to participate in other sports during those seasons.
Program Description: Now in its fifth year, Brookline and Parkway (West Roxbury) Youth Lacrosse will have combined select lacrosse teams in the spring of 2016. Brookline/Parkway Select is high-level training and competition for committed players who will play lacrosse as their primary spring sport. Select players will be required to continue to participate in the non-select Massachusetts Bay Youth Lacrosse League (MBYLL) "Classic" Town Program including 1 game on Sunday. Our 2016 team rosters will be approximately 18 players per team. We hope to field two U13 and two U15 teams with Division 1 and Division 2 teams at each level.
Brookline/Parkway Select teams will be co-coached by Brookline or Parkway Town Coaches and professional coaches from 3D Lacrosse.
Spring Practices: Two practices per week- March through June 2016 at the Dexter School.
Spring Games: There will be one game per week on Friday night or Saturday morning starting in March and ending in June. These games are played against the other MBYLL select teams from our region. The select season culminates in a playoff series and championship game that occurs during the MBYLL jamboree.
Cost: The approximate cost for the Spring 2016 Select Team will be $825. This fee includes the spring practices, games, and tournaments, and pays for the team uniforms, professional coaching, and rental of field space at the Dexter School.
Scholarships and Additional Information: We do not want program cost to be a barrier for talented and committed players, so several need-based scholarships for reduced or waived tuition will be available. Please contact Kelsey Barnes (
>) for scholarship information.
We strongly encourage attendance at the September 12th tryout so that your player can be evaluated with other potential teammates. If your son is unable to make the tryout because of an immovable conflict, please contact Kelsey Barnes (
>), and we will do our best to find an alternate time when your player can be evaluated during one of the Fall 3D-Elite training sessions that occur Saturday mornings at Dexter School.
In 2014, the league came together in spectacular fashion to give 44 of our athletes the opportunity of a lifetime. The Mass Bay Colonials were formed and trained together before traveling to Denver for the World Lacrosse Championships. For the summer of 2016, we are creating another Colonials experience. This will truly be a league-wide event that will unite the town programs. We are asking a lot from you, but we have the opportunity to provide a truly unique experience for many of the very special athletes in our league.
Please begin by passing along this document to all rising U13 and U15 players in your town program. It is a 6-page PDF which explains what the Colonials are about and what our plans will be for 2016. It includes an FAQ section for both town director and interested player.
We will be asking each town director to nominate athletes. An explanation of what that will entail, how it will be done, and when it needs to be done by are on the first two pages of the document.
We're also looking for potential tryout sites for late September and are trying to secure facilities in the northern region, the southern region, and the central/west region to make it as easy on our players as possible. Please let us know if you can assist us in securing your town field/complex.
We're also seeking coaches (head and assistant) as well as team managers and evaluators. Anyone who has an interest in learning more and applying, there is a form for that we'll ask you to share with your coaches.
Thank you for taking the serious time and commitment we are asking of you to help spread the word, participate in our process, and support us. This is a not-for-profit enterprise designed to be supplemental to our spring league and augmenting the philosophy and mission of MBYLL. It's not about the organizers... but the athletes and the towns they represent. For any questions (I'm sure there are a million), please contact me directly at
Here is the form for the Town Director to nominate an athlete to attend tryouts:
Parkway Youth Lacrosse is looking for volunteer coaches for the 2015 season (mid-March to mid-June). Prior coaching experience preferred, prior lacrosse player/coach helpful. Please forward to anyone you may think is interested
There are several things we do behind the scenes to keep this machine going. We need help with administrative things like update web site, inputting schedules, and ordering uniforms. If you would like to help out please send me a note. firstname.lastname@example.org